Tolerant Red Lentil Pasta has a bit of a peppery flavor when eaten on its own. When I use it in a recipe I look to find flavors that enhance the pasta’s natural flavors. This dish uses sundried tomatoes for a sweet flavor, chickpeas for a meaty texture, onions and garlic as aromatics, and mushrooms for a chewy texture. This creates not only a tasty and satisfying meal that can be a side dish or a main dish depending on the portion you make.
Base Ingredients (Serves 2):
1 Cup Tolerant Red Lentil Pasta (uncooked)
1 Cup Diced Sundried Tomatoes
½ Yellow Onion or Sweet Vidalia Onion
4-6 Cloves of Garlic depending on size
1 Cup Diced Mushrooms of Choice (I used button)
4 TBSP Oil – I use Olive Oil for this dish
1/3 Cup Vegetable Broth – I prefer to use low sodium
Substitute 2 Shallots for Onion and Garlic
1. Dice onions and garlic and place in a pan with the oil. Satuee in oil
2. Add diced sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, and broth to pan and
sautee until broth is almost absorbed.
3. Bring 4 cups of water to a running boil. Add 1 cup of Tolerant Red
Lentil Pasta. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir from time to time and reduce
heat as needed so the water does not boil over.
4. Reserve 1/3 cup pasta water and add to the pan with the vegetables.
5. Drain Pasta and add to the pan with the vegetables.
6. Cook until liquid is absorbed.
Serve or place in an airtight container and pack for lunch!
Sprinkle with ground black pepper.
Option: Grate parmesan over the pasta.
Enjoy this low calorie, high fiber Yoga Lean meal; a satisfying meal to keep you fueled as you lead an active lifestyle.