Rehydrated chickpeas are great for homemade hummus, but what do we do with those left over? I put some in a salad and decided to make a pasta to use up the last few. Adding beans to pasta creates complementing textures, making our meal that much more satisfying.
Base Ingredients (recipe serves 2):
- 1 Cup Tolerant Black Bean Rotini
- ½ Cup Chickpeas
- 2 Vine Ripe Tomatoes
- 2 Small Squash or Zucchini
- ½ Red Onion
- ½ Cup Vegetable Broth
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- Rosemary (optional)
- Add 2-4 Cloves Garlic (depending on size)
- Add 2-4 Button Mushrooms (diced)
- Substitute Spaghetti Squash or diced Butternut Squash for Squash/Zucchini
- Omit Rosemary and add 1-3 TBSP Crushed Red Pepper (depending on HEAT you desire)
1. Dice one tomato
2. Use a mandolin or knife to cut the onion and squash into small pieces
3. Sautee in olive oil and broth
4. While cooking, boil 3 cups of water. Add the pasta and cook for one minute.
5. Reserve ½ cup pasta water and add pasta and water to pan with vegetables.
6. Add chickpeas, rosemary (optional), and last diced tomato.
7. Cook until liquid is almost gone
Serve or store in an airtight container. Sprinkle a little olive oil to garnish, or sprinkle Gluten Free breadcrumbs (Ian’s Panko Gluten Free variety is great), and/or sprinkle with pepper.
Be YogaLean. Enjoy healthy food that not only satiates you but also gives you the energy you need to accomplish your mental and physical goals each day!
You can find other Gluten Free recipes on Healthy Recipe Variations.